Bio of Brian Thomas
Brian has served in several senior leadership roles, including Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and Healthcare Executive in the Fortune 500, Healthcare and public sector spaces. He is known for delivering innovative and user-friendly solutions to the business partners and customers he serves.
Prior to his executive roles, he gained experience in and recognition for dependable performance improvement, leadership, program management and solution innovations. Brian has 20 years experience in technology and healthcare. He has been featured in several publications including the Harvard Business Review, and was recently named one of the Top 100 Chief Information Technology Officers by Richtopia. He is a regular contributor to CIO Online and the greater IDG organization.
Prior to his more recent role, Mr. Thomas gained experience in and recognition for dependable performance improvement, leadership, program management, and solution innovations. Brian Thomas has progressed his career within the technology and healthcare verticals through increased responsibilities, leadership opportunities, and professional nominations. Additionally, he has been extremely successful at building and retaining cohesive and synergetic teams while delivering results at all levels of the organization, both in Infrastructure Delivery and Program Management. Mr. Thomas possesses expertise in the following common areas, but not limited to:
|Strategic Planning & Execution||Fiscal Stewardship||Technology Innovation|
|Thought Leadership||Regulatory Compliance||Program & Project Management|
|Professional development||Support Performance Analysis||Data Center Operations, Design, Consolidation|
|Security & Compliance||IT Managed Services & Outsourcing||Team Development & Leadership|
|Digital Transformation||IT and Risk Governance||Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery|
|AI, Blockchain & IoT||Cloud Architecture & Strategy||Negotiator, Mediator & Relations Management|
Select Recent Accomplishments:
- Closely partnered with Swope Health Service Board Members and the Senior Executive Team in developing and implementing a comprehensive Strategic Plan.
- Recognized for Chief Information Officer (CIO) organizational contributions which resulted in a role expansion to CIO/Vice President of Support Services.
- Enabled improved health care outcomes for approximately 40K patients by implementing interoperability and data sharing through bi-state connections with three regional Health Information Exchanges.
- Realized nearly $1 million in actual, organizational-level cost savings through process improvement and contract re-negotiation.
Mr. Thomas is literate in a myriad of technology systems including Cerner, eClinicalWorks, Meditech, Merge/Vericis, PACS, Lawson, Cloverleaf, Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, Tableau, ERP (PeopleSoft, Lawson, JD Edwards, Oracle), CRM (ACT!, Hubspot, Dynamics), NetApp, EMC Storage, Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco Networks and Voice, Nortel/Avaya Networks and Voice, Philips Healthcare, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft SCCM, Website Management, Social Media Strategy, and Microsoft Project Server.
Brian Thomas is a founding Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Trustees (FACHT) served as a Board Member for the Johnson County Community College HITECH Advisory Committee, a member of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME), Kansas City CIO Exchange, and a Board Member of the Heart of America Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HOA HIMSS).
Mr. Thomas earned his Master of Business Administration from Baker University and his Bachelor of Science Information Systems from the University of Phoenix. Additionally, he has obtained the following certificates:
- Organizational Leadership – University of Virginia
- Artificial Intelligence – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Digital Transformation – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
This is the complete bio of Brian Thomas.