Brian was featured in a crowd-sourced whitepaper on Harvard Business Review about “The Power of Predictive IT“.
“As soon as you can employ automated tools to do work humans were doing, there’s a huge increase in the time the resources get back to work on strategies to strengthen your operations environment”, says Brian Thomas (@DivergentCIO), CTO of Coruzant Technologies.
Reliability and uptime are critical components of any successful business operation, but all too often, outages and downtime can have a negative impact on productivity, customer satisfaction, and ultimately, the bottom line. In today’s fast-paced business world, it’s essential to have a comprehensive strategy in place to ensure the reliability of your systems and prevent outages. Here are some steps organizations can take to improve reliability and prevent outages across the enterprise, leveraging the power of predictive IT:
- Perform Regular Maintenance and Upgrades: Regular maintenance and upgrades to hardware and software systems can help to prevent outages and improve reliability. This includes tasks such as patching, software upgrades, and hardware replacements.
- Implement a Disaster Recovery Plan: A disaster recovery plan is a critical component of any reliability strategy. The plan should outline procedures for data backup, system restoration, and communication in the event of an outage. Regular testing of the plan is also important to ensure its effectiveness.
- Monitor Systems and Applications: Monitoring systems and applications in real-time can help to identify potential problems before they become outages. This can be done using tools such as log analysis, system performance monitoring, and network monitoring.
- Implement Redundancy and High Availability: Redundancy and high availability solutions can help to ensure that critical systems and applications are always available, even in the event of an outage. This includes solutions such as failover clustering, load balancing, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Train Employees: Employee training is also an important component of any reliability strategy. Employees should be trained on proper maintenance procedures, as well as on disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Partner with a Managed Services Provider: A managed services provider can provide expertise, support, and resources to help ensure the reliability of your systems and prevent outages. This can include proactive monitoring, incident response, and remediation services.
Improving reliability and preventing outages requires a comprehensive approach that includes regular maintenance and upgrades, disaster recovery planning, monitoring, redundancy and high availability solutions, employee training, and partnering with a managed services provider. By taking these steps, organizations can improve their overall reliability and minimize the impact of outages on their operations and bottom line. This is the power of predictive IT.